PDA

View Full Version : Dead alive…

Elton ILIRJANI
01.03.2012, 13:23
It was an unusual interview in an unusual day, when Arben came to meet me and trust his sad story…Arben has passed many years in HIV positive health standing, and lately AIDS has subjugated his life…He is a Senior Electronic Engineer in a big company in Albania, and on top of all he is one of the best that our job market can offer. Arben has kept his story in high confidentiality level due to our society’s lack in state of mind to help and respect this circumstance people. He has contributed over 10 years of experience and has given an important asset in the company’s success.

Lately Arben has shown the first signs of the disease and of course the chatty skills of some colleagues that may be scared and prejudging have spread the word in every corner of the company and outside as well. Now, many people know his situation and their behavior has changed…Arben, in this condition, is forced to leave the job…and he cannot start elsewhere as well…he asked me for help, and I am profoundly touched from this story…he needs a work to pay his medication and minimum of his living expenses…he cannot speak to his over 70-s parents as they will make the case worse and increase his sadness…In few words Arben needs a job. He is a senior expert on his field and any company would have paid high salaries just to have him on board, but the problem is the lack of information for the AIDS people among employers and the colleagues about the threats that really do not exist.

HIV and AIDS people have the possibility and the right to work! They are not a threat for us if we share the same office! They just need to be normally treated and they can perform as well as we can do, sometimes even better…

Our job market has many problems and things to be done…one of the biggest issues is discrimination…is hard for people to live and contribute liberally even in the last months of their life…we do not have esteem for life…we send people from this world with the sadness of a meaningless life, gathered from valueless behaviors and people…

Arben, is in good condition to work…he is still alive and has the power…don’t send him to grave before he dies…

Na ndiqni edhe në http://www.njoftime.com/images/misc/linkedin.gif (http://lnkd.in/dwFxKR)